• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CBC's The Border

• Thread starter Thread starter CrazyCanuck
  • Start date Start date
You woulda thought the Border could have hired someone to form all those berets.
Whoever is running their props dept should be shot.... or forced to wear berets for the rest of his life.  >:D

geo said:
You woulda thought the Border could have hired someone to form all those berets.
Whoever is running their props dept should be shot.... or forced to wear berets for the rest of his life.  >:D

Well maybe the prop guy is ex-Navy >:D

My comments.........

1. Why did all the ex-Airborne guys have the civie shirt sleeves cut off ?

2. All the pics of them in uniform supposedly while in the Airborne Regiment had them in any beret other then a maroon beret and with various cap badges other then the Airborne cap badge and they were in CadPat and not OD ?

3.The  military-style heist of the Carl Gs reminds me of the 1997 military-style heist of a armoured car in Calgary in 1997 in which a  former paratrooper says he couldn't deal with the disbanding of the Canadian Airborne Regiment, so he tried to make off with $400,000....just wondering if this was a kwinky-dink ?

The show is a lot better then the shows we had as kids......Beach Combers to name one, but not as good as it could be. I agree with the comments that the prop guy (or maybe the military advisor) should be fired......... :-X

Hey, now!  The Beachcombers put my hometown on the map!  Nobody at CBC asked us if we wanted to be on the map, but still.....

All I see here is just another excuse for the CBC to add more insult to injury to the Airborne.  I really wish hockey was on a different channel.  This station needs to be shut down.  It's crap.

geo said:

Same wardrobe department that dresses the Air Farce chicken cannon bunch likely. The CBC seems to take great glee in making a mockery of our uniforms and dress. I can imagine them thinking that most of the sheeple will tie the characters to the real military, and deem us all clowns.

recceguy,
WRT the airfarce chicken gun crew - Given the condition of their CADPATs, I would say that they received some official help in obtaining said kit.  We might not be too fond of their depiction of the forces BUT am aware of others with questionable taste who do....

Go figure!

As far as the uniforms go, the Air Farce group is supposed to funny where (I'm assuming) The Border is supposed to be drama (read believable).

Back