• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Captain Nichola K.S. Goddard Memorial Graduate Scholarship

military granny

Inactive
Reaction score
Probably not the right place to put this, move it if you need to.

OTTAWA - A scholarship created by her family to honour Canadian soldier Nichola Goddard received a $25,000 donation from the federal government Thursday.

The Captain Nichola K.S. Goddard Memorial Graduate Scholarship is open to graduate students at the University of Calgary who are citizens of Papua New Guinea, where Capt. Goddard was born; citizens of Afghanistan, where Goddard was killed in action on May 17, and to Canada's First Nations, Inuit or Metis people.

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=ecfa87f5-cc2b-4e9e-a166-48bd492c5e01&k=40948

CALGARY, Alberta — The family of a Canadian Forces soldier killed in Afghanistan has established a scholarship in her honour.

Captain Nichola Goddard died in combat May 17 near Kandahar. Her family has created the Nichola K.S. Goddard Scholarship Fund at the University of Calgary, where her father, Dr. Tim Goddard, is in the Faculty of Education.

More Here.

I love seeing stuff like this.  Making good from bad.  :salute: :cdn: :salute:

The scholarship will be available to students belonging to three groups:
citizens of Papua New Guinea, the country where Capt Goddard was born;
people of First Nations, Inuit or Métis descent, in whose company Goddard
spent many of her formative years; and citizens of Afghanistan, where she died.

It is wonderfull... I don't know how many students in U of C  are in those groups,
but I guess not many... Which will help them to have a better chance to get
the bourse...

Future Unknown said:
It;s too bad thay didn't include,say reserve soldiers or former Canadian Forces personel.

I'm sure they wanted to include as many groups as possible, but couldn't. Regardless, this is great!

RIP Nic!  :salute:

Future Unknown said:
It;s too bad thay didn't include,say reserve soldiers or former Canadian Forces personel.
Reserve soldiers have their own program where they get 50% of tuition & books reimbursed to a max of 2000$ per year with a total max of 8000$.... done!

Regs upon leaving the forces have "second career" training oportunities paid for by the CF... Done!

Nope.....

This old fart works in a regional puzzle palace

Back