• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Soldiers and ND's - (Split from Canadian Soldiers injured in rollover)

Franko

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
George Wallace said:
Wow!  Franko

You are good! 

Just heard of another vehicle accident with injuries.  (We will talk when you get back.)

George,

I shake my head everyday at the stunts these guys pull on a regular basis.    ::)

I won't get into airing their dirty laundry....let's just say very young troops and very little experience.

I will not be watching any news coverage when I get home during the duration of their tour, let's leave it at that.

We'll have a chat when I get home over a few cold ones....it'll be coming out of your nose by the end.

Regards

I wonder what Task Force (1PPCLI) RSM thinks of those ND's... 

maybe I should have said I wonder how he feels >:D

Kev......

:rofl:

Heard about that one too....nothing will become of it, more than likely.

Regards

Nope - he was charged - it hit the TF O Gp's

Well Kev believe or not but you just gave me a fraction of faith in the system back.

And I gave Kev all my extra rounds... now what will I do when I get to KAF and start pumping rounds into the Hesco??  ;D

GO!!! said:
Hehehe - I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that charge...... since he often reccommended the maximum punishment for his troops, I can only assume that he will accept the same - in the interests of maintaining discipline of course.  ;)
One of our CO's had a ND on Tour.  Nearly blew away the Honourary Col and the RSM.  He took all responsibility and the Charge.  He was promoted full Col on his return to Canada and posted to a Base as the Base CO.  His first 'new' pay covered his charge. 

Just a heads up.  ::)

George:

IIRC it was $1,000/round for a 5 round burst wasn't it?

Been a while, so I am not too sure.  (But it does sound about right.)  It was accidental.  He took all responsibility from the instant it happened.  He took the charge.  He got promoted.  It was at the end of his tenure as CO and he was Posted.  All on the 'up and up'.  Unfortunately, the only unfair thing is that us at the bottom don't see those types of deals (ie. Promoted and Posted to a higher position of responsibility).

He was fined $5,000 for it, and made the cover of the Make Believe (er, Maple Leaf, surely!).  I don't think it was so much per round, I seem to recall he just ND'd an unspecified burst that riccocheted off another vehicle.  He plead guilty and was made an example of, so the system more or less works.

Haggis said:
George:

IIRC it was $1,000/round for a 5 round burst wasn't it?
I know a lad on ROTO 0 (OP Athena) who ND'd (?) a smoke from a Bison at the KIA.  It came very close to the fuel bladders  and the camp went to a stand to.  I can't recall the exact fine but I do know it did not exceed his monthly benefits.

There's a limit to the amount a fine can be assessed.

geo said:
There's a limit to the amount a fine can be assessed.

Superior Commanders  and CO's can fine up to 60% of basic monthly pay.  However CO's can only fine OCdts, sergeants, master corporals, corporals and privates.

Delegated Officers are limited to 25% (Sergeants, master corporals, corporals and privates only)

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/qr_o/vol2/tofc108_e.asp (an Internet link)

Yes but for overseas - some CO's get superior cdr status and some OC's get CO status...

Got it from a good buddy that a Canadian was just wounded by and ND last week. Investigation ongoing as far as I understand......

What would the cost of that fine be????

Well if its like 2VP and the wound was self inflicted, say in the hand, no charges will be laid and said person will get their OT. ::)

current ND and injury is already in another thread.............

starlight_cdn said:
The report came from a medic who treated the wounded man.

What would the cost of that find be????

Might be the medics career once I report that he is spreading talk of injuries against the patient confidentiality ethical protocols.

Thanks for blading your buddy.

Back