• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Olympic Results

OnTrack

Inactive
Reaction score
Is it just me or are the results of the Canadian Olympic team disappointing so far?  Whatever happened to the predication of 25 medals.

I have been watching quite extensively and indeed our performance so far is somewhat lacking. we have what 4 medals now, not looking so good. There are still alot more events to come but still I thought we would have a few more by now. especially in the snowboarding events.

We blow goats......................Yeah............... so and so got there personal best and finished 43rd in the Biatholon!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!! Yeah, what ever...........

Boy is it ever going to be humiliating in Vancouver!!!!!!!!!!!

with all your enthusiasm there 2023 I think we should just send you. you could scare all your competitors away.

but seriously does the military send anyone to the olympics? i would figure with all the athelets in the CF that some would be at that level.

ChopperHead said:
with all your enthusiasm there 2023 I think we should just send you. you could scare all your competitors away.

but seriously does the military send anyone to the olympics? i would figure with all the athelets in the CF that some would be at that level.

Sorry but I am embarrassed about how our Athletes perform on the world stage. It is really quite patheitc really. Unless they get the funding, they will never have real success other than personal bests.

oh i totaly agree. our only gold came from someone who whent outside the Canadian olympic program and got coaches and other training suport.

well we did better today. we doubled our medal count from 4 to 8. 2 silvers and 2 bronze and possibly another bronze pending a review. we should have got a gold in the speed skating but one the guys slipped.

We did do a lot better today but, we were having a bad day out in the snowboarding. The first guy got tripped and ended up in third, however you needed to be in second to move on. Then in the semi finals the Canadian guy pushed the Spanish guy in mid air! That's just bad sportsmanship. I thought that we were going to win that one. Oh well, there's still hockey!

Who gives a rats ass if we don't win ANY friggin medals, as I was driving through the freezing rain to work tonight I wanted to reach through the radio and strangle the condensending ass-hat who was berating our performance there.

These kids, for the most part, are living on crumbs and sacrifice schooling, employment and a lot of their time and effort so we can bitch at them?........get a grip people.
If I was 43th best at ANYTHING in the world I'd be pretty friggin proud.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Who gives a rats *** if we don't win ANY friggin medals, as I was driving through the freezing rain to work tonight I wanted to reach through the radio and strangle the condensending ***-hat who was berating our performance there.

These kids, for the most part, are living on crumbs and sacrifice schooling, employment and a lot of their time and effort so we can ***** at them?........get a grip people.
If I was 43th best at ANYTHING in the world I'd be pretty friggin proud.

And this is the post i was waiting for to say that i agree with it totally.  :cdn:  Honestly, Who cares if our guys/ girls places 1st or 20th, if its a personal best its a success and that is what we should be happy about. With that said, we could still get 2 golds in hockey, and 2 more in curling, we can still do quite well.

2023 said:
We blow goats......................Yeah............... so and so got there personal best and finished 43rd in the Biatholon!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!! Yeah, what ever...........

Boy is it ever going to be humiliating in Vancouver!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps if you followed the Olympics a bit more closely you might even know how the event names are spelled.  You would also know that we currently sit 5th in the medal standings. 

And Chopperhead, Jennifer Heil won her gold medal in freestyle moguls on Sunday, a few days before Dale Begg-Smith won his.

I don't think that's too bad.

ya I know

I follow the olympics very closely.

This thread was started before todays medals were takin into account and given that info we only had 4 medals which is a far cry from what was being predicted. While I understand what you are saying that personal bests and what not is all you can expect from and athlete which I agree with. I am not bashing the athletes more so as our medal count. with a Country like ours in which we have an exstensive winter sports program and a fairly large population compared to some of the other winter sports powers out there we should be able to produce more medals in the Olympics.

and Hunter dont talk about peoples spelling. one of you types has to come into every thread and instead of actualy contributing or saying something constructive you have to comment on proper grammer and spelling?? like get over yourself so you noticed a spelling mistake. Thanks for the Grammar lesson

I've noticed quite particularly in the women's team speed skate, how happy and content they were with winning the silver instead of being disapointed with losing the gold.  It seems that if the Canadians make the podium, it doesn't matter what color the medal is.  I couldn't do much better with the skates on my feet but if it was my job to train for an Olympic sport and I had the chance to represent my country I wouldn't settle for anything less than gold.  It seemed right from the start of the race the Canadians had a smerk on their face knowing that they aren't going home with anything less than silver right until the very end as if losing the gold didn't phase them.  Get some confidence, hold some more pride and go for the gold.

Yea, boy I'd be quite disappointed with only being the second-best in the world that particular day........

And Chopperhead, Jennifer Heil won her gold medal in freestyle moguls on Sunday, a few days before Dale Begg-Smith won his.

Umm, Dale Begg-Smith now competes for Australia, he made the switch to Aus when he was 15. The IOC would really have had to stuff up to give his gold to  :cdn:  Unless you winter folk would like to merge our tally results?  ;)

on another note, Channel 7 here is Aus is useless, what i want to see more than anything is some Hockey, so far the only coverage of that has been highlights from the Canada v Italy mens and womens matches, and although i am rooting for you boys those were hardly heart-stopping encounters.

I'm with Bruce......Do I remember infantry biathalon teams in CFB Gagetown may moons ago?  I seem to remember they had a course there for training.  Why don't we have athletes from our military competing in different sports?  (other than they are already way over-tasked)

civvy3840 said:
We did do a lot better today but, we were having a bad day out in the snowboarding. The first guy got tripped and ended up in third, however you needed to be in second to move on. Then in the semi finals the Canadian guy pushed the Spanish guy in mid air! That's just bad sportsmanship. I thought that we were going to win that one. Oh well, there's still hockey!

No.  He put his hand on the Spaniard's back to maintain the space between them and prevent a mid-air collision.  He was disqualified because when he crashed he missed a gate.  There was no protest by the Spanish boarder about the contact, so I don't know why you would think he was pushed.

ChopperHead said:
and Hunter dont talk about peoples spelling. one of you types has to come into every thread and instead of actualy contributing or saying something constructive you have to comment on proper grammer and spelling?? like get over yourself so you noticed a spelling mistake. Thanks for the Grammar lesson

My suggestion about his spelling was to make a point about his lack of awareness and understanding of what is actually going on at the Olympics.

I'll talk about what I want to talk about.  Are you DS?  It would appear to me like you're not even a paid subscriber, so don't tell me what to do.  Furthermore, I didn't give the other guy a grammar lesson (or a spelling lesson for that matter) but it looks as though you could use one.  Since your profile says you're only 17, I would suggest you pay a bit more attention at high school and a little less attention to your MSN buddies. 

I dont care much for the medal count, but it is a good feeling when Canadians get one. Plus only the first week...we still got time and alot of events left. Good luck to the rest of our teams in the next week!!!! :cdn: :salute:

Back