• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bunch of Questions !

belina19

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone !

I am currently in my last year of school at Brock University.  I am in the 4year (honours) Sport Mgmt course.

This past July I applied as an NCM member, as I was not sure exactly what I wanted to do, if I wanted to finish my schooling etc.  Between July and the middle of August, I flew through the application process.  I applied, handed in hard copies, took my Aptitude test, my medical and both interviews, and was placed on the merit list.  By the end of the process I decided to follow through with my last year of schooling and re-apply in Jan/Feb as an Officer and a Pilot.  (In my aptitude test I qualified as an Officer and a Pilot). 

I have been really debating whether or not I wanted to follow through with Pilot.  My uncle is a Search and Rescue Helicopter Pilot, and has all the faith in me if I was to follow through with it, as is many other retired pilots that I know.  My only major confidence issue, is the aerobatics in the first few phases of training??  I look forward to everything else !  I know my eye-hand co-ordination is fantastic, from being one of the top ranked female hockey players in Canada and having played in the NCAA as a dual-sport athlete.  I learn by doing, which is definitely a part I would excel at in the training, as is the fitness.

However, I am aware that some pilots are eliminated during the training.  My question is this... "If I was to be eliminated, and offered other options, would it be possible to switch to my other option that I had on my application as MARS OFFICER in the NAVY?"  Would that be an easy switch or not?

The nice thing about having many of the first few steps done from my first application, that the second time I re-apply would hopefully go faster, and I would be accepted for Bootcamp in May right after I graduate.

You were never offered a job, and from your post it looks like you are assuming that you are going to be offered a job. That's a lot of confidence and yet you are already looking into the what if's if you fail.

If you fail a course there are three outcomes that I'm aware of that are on a case by case scenario from my previous questions;

1) You are kicked out of the Forces.
2) You are put into another Career Choice
3) They let you try again.

+1

Choose your trade wisely. The government doesn't like to waste tax dollars so you can play around and figure what you want to do with your life. Having said that, the CAF is a family and we do take care of our people. If you get selected for pilot and fail, you'll go through a review board and they'll decide your fate. Can you switch trades? Sure I have seen it happen. Anything can happen.

Back