• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

British Solidier Awarded Victoria Cross

Alex10370

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/9938518/British-soldier-awarded-posthumous-Victoria-Cross-crawled-along-bullet-strewn-ground-to-throw-last-grenade-at-sniper.html

Heard about this in the news yesterday and had to research it to find out more.  here is one of the news articles for it.

Ultimate respect to the young soldier in this article and my condolences to his family  :salute:

I heard somwhere that this is the second VC that the UK is handed out for operations in Afghanistan.  I wonder if a Canadian one will be awarded.  I suppose only time will tell.

Alex10370 said:
I heard somwhere that this is the second VC that the UK is handed out for operations in Afghanistan.  I wonder if a Canadian one will be awarded.  I suppose only time will tell.

Considering our combat mission was over 2 years ago, and the multitude of acts of heroism that have been awarded everything but a VC, I strongly doubt we'll see a Canadian one any time soon. We missed that opportunity.

Back