• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Brimmed Hats?

jjronnie

Inactive
Reaction score
I had a couple of questions about hats. 1) What are those blue hats that the peacekeeper troops are wearing on the homepage of army.ca? 2) What style of hat do you guys like most for double duty (sun and rain)? It seems that the British DPM bush hats seem to be a cross between a bucket hat and a boonie, whereas the U.S., Canadian, and German boonies look quite similar. Which ones work best and is it still possible to buy the old Canadian OD boonies? I wouldn't think the surplus CADPAT boonie copies are very good.

They look like Tilley t3 hats, or at least a Tilley look-alike.

I swear by Tilley's for rain and sun, mine has seen some very rough use at sea. Great warranty on it too.

Tilley's do look like a great hat. I was also thinking of a Fislon bush hat.
http://www.filson.com/315SH.HTM
http://www.tilley.com/detail.asp?catId=13&gender=m&extractBy=CategoryId&id=1&productNo=T3
Even though Tilley's are crazy expensive, it would be good to give some Canuck folks some business.

What style of hat do you guys like most
meh
I'm terrible for not wearing a headress (proper or otherwise), so it don't much matter to me.

It doesn't matter how many rings the brim has, because the rebels are going to cut them off so they can look like "Bung" in "The Odd Angry Shot."

paracowboy said:
meh
I'm terrible for not wearing a headress (proper or otherwise), so it don't much matter to me.

Same... ;)

"I'm terrible for not wearing a headress (proper or otherwise), so it don't much matter to me."

Now that it is spring, I prob wear my bicycle helmet more than my beret.

paracowboy said:
meh

I get chewed up routinely for it.

I prefer the old robin hood hats over the tilley hats anyday

The old hats were great for customizing, but they did jack for keeping the rain from running down your collar, or getting sun-fukt onion syndrome.  They were also pretty heavy material, so your melon couldn't dissipate heat in it.  Those ear flaps were tres chic, though..

CHIMO,  Kat

If you're looking for a good, top quality hat, you can never go wrong with a tilley.

Back