• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bored? Cold? Wish you were on some tropical beach?

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
The next best thing is www.coastwatch.com.au

Live beach cams here in Australia. It will make you feel warmer at least, or depress you maybe, ha!

Enjoy.

Wes

No thanks, I prefer halifax in the summer, had a blast. Summer of 93.

WDU:

Stuck on 72-hr duty? Wish you could greet the new year with some bubbly to go with your sunburn?

My sun burn has all but peeled off, ha! Anything with booze in it would be great!!

Counting down til 0730 tomorrow morning....

Cheers,

Wes

I shake my fist at you sir.... I wish I was where you are... well maybe not exactly where you are. I'm allergic to Duty Rooms ;D

Wesley  Down Under said:
No thanks, I prefer halifax in the summer, had a blast. Summer of 93.

If your ever in the area, drop me a line.  ;)

I will Herr Feldwebel!

Hope I got der shpelling right.

Memories...

The Misty Moon
The Palace
Historic Properties
Some harbour front place with a theme of Barrets privateers, wooden clunky bar tables etc. Not a bad place
HMCS Sackville
The Bluenose
Maritime Museum
The Narrows (1917 explosion), and Bedford Basin
Cruiser Ustinov, one of two Soviet ships, we adopted a sailor for the day. Canada Day wknd of 1993.
WW1 and 2 fortiifactions; and
Africville, ha! Hence the nickname for the Misy Monn, which is best left via PM  ;)

Cheers,

Wes

Ah, 'The Misty Moon', still got an old beat up sweatshirt...'From the west coast to the best coast, The Misty Moon'. & The Lower Deck; Joe Comeau's (RIP), The Sea Horse Tavern, Little 'Trashville', The Lamp Light, and having a few (cheap) grogs and smokes on ship before hittin' the bar scene....

Spent an afternoon on the HMCS Fraser, in the Cave, adn it was a cave, full of questionable tarts adn cheap very cheap rum.

Whatever happened to her?

Cheers,

Wes

Wesley  Down Under said:
Spent an afternoon on the HMCS Fraser, in the Cave, adn it was a cave, full of questionable tarts adn cheap very cheap rum.

She's rotting at dockside in Bridgewater, NS.  The original plan was to have her serve as a museum, but the organizers have run into money problems (amongst others), and she's apparently in very bad shape now.  So much so that land owners in the area are complaining about the unsightly appearance with the rust and all that.

There's a nice set of pictures of what she looked like when she first arrived at Bridgewater at http://www.pbase.com/kiml/fraser.  I'll see if I can dig up a more recent picture and post it.  It's a real shame - I served six months aboard her in the early 1990's.

Ah Wes, the weather may be cold in Canada, but the sheilas remain ever so hot!  Especially on this night of NYE!! (did I get the Aussie terminology right?)

You did!

Happy hunting.

Try some Aussie foreplay - 'Brace yourself Sheila!'

Cheers,

Wes

Wesley  Down Under said:

Cheers,

Wes

Wow... that's my old mans ship!  ;D

As for the other places they are still kicking around. I always visit those forts on the weekends off. Nice trails there.

Thanks Wes, now I have to ask my doctor for an increase on my prozac. I'm depressed :P

Damn Auzies, they have all the fun. ;)

I do hope a big, big iceberg from antartica floats past Australia and freezes your britches!

I dont know about you Wes but i'm struggling in this weather. I spent today with a couple of mates, sitting in a pool, drinking beer, watching the cricket and avoiding the heat on another 40degree day. Leave is tough.
And like you my suntan is starting to leave me, one strip at a time. Another tough day tomorrow, more sun (40degree's of it), more beer (slab&a half of it) and more pool. I've really got to slow down. This hard work will kill me.

Scoop snow for me chaps! Remember to stay sun-smart and apply lots of sunscreen. Either that or just wear another Artic jacket and keep out that cold. Goodluck!

I'm still waiting for the Aussies to buy me a round trip ticket to come down there and partake of wobby-pops with them.

Oi Oi Oi

Brrrrrrrrrrr.

Ah, but out here on the wet coast (oops I mean west coast) there are those that are having to mow their lawns..... I must admit that the down side of being here is that we don't tan, we rust.......

Haleyest of Hales! said:
I dont know about you Wes but i'm struggling in this weather. I spent today with a couple of mates, sitting in a pool, drinking beer, watching the cricket and avoiding the heat on another 40degree day. Leave is tough.
And like you my suntan is starting to leave me, one strip at a time. Another tough day tomorrow, more sun (40degree's of it), more beer (slab&a half of it) and more pool. I've really got to slow down. This hard work will kill me.

Scoop snow for me chaps! Remember to stay sun-smart and apply lots of sunscreen. Either that or just wear another Artic jacket and keep out that cold. Goodluck!

OK!......Now I know you guys are lying to us and feeding us a line.  I understand you are having a cold snap right now, with temps ranging in the mid 20's.  ;D

Back