• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ

• Thread starter Thread starter future_soldier
  • Start date Start date
F

future_soldier

Hey,

I just had my first weekend of BMQ (in reserves, yes I am a weekend warrior), and it was surprisingly slack. I am wondering from people that have completed the course if it is going to get any more intense/hardcore in any way, because as of right now I was simply bored. Theres about 26 people on the course, 4 of us to-be officers. And already on the first weekend two kids dropped out. One guy couldnt stand at attention for longer than 10 minutes and bashed his head on the armoury floor when he dropped and the other guy decided he‘d rather do schoolwork. It‘s pathetic. I am disappointed at this point, but hopefully things will pick up from now on.

Ya, I herd that some Reserves are slack. For some beginners that’s an advantage, but in the long run it can really cripple you‘re attitude when you go full-time or do strenuous courses. But also its an advantage for the "hardcore" members because obviously they stand out and since there 100%-110% serious you will be looked up to by people below and even above you‘re rank.

Go on for the full summer of 8 weeks BMQ/SQ.. you won‘t get a whole lot of ‘slack‘ up there.

I find that those in my unit who have done the BMQ with Co-op, are not as disciplined as those who went for the whole summer training. But, there are a few who are serious about it still.

I know a few instructors on a BMQ that just started up. Apparently their game plan is to up the intensity as the course goes on. Also, keep in mind BMQ pertains to all arms and trades of the military so if you‘re expected hard charging infantry type instructing, wait for SQ and your infantry training. Do I agree with this graduated type of training? **** no, but that‘s the system for you.

Don‘t expect BMQ to be that demanding... consider it a test of patience before you start on your "Battleschool" courses and the fun really starts!! :cam:

future_soldier, hang in there, there will be plenty of cock once you get to your officer courses.

BMQ should be one of the most demanding, as was mine (well, QL2 in those days). It‘s where the staff make or break you, weed out the weak. I can certainly say that off all the courses I‘ve taken, GMT, QL2, 3 various 4‘s and most of PLQ, my QL2 was the most demanding. And for that I am glad and thankful my instructors demanded so much from us. I see Soldiers qualified MOC (QL3) now that don‘t know all the drill there is to know. I was being taught drill before I knew how to button up my Garisson Shirt!!

dont worry im on course now also....

the intensity picks up after every weekend....

But if you find its not hardcore enough for you stick it out and then signup for some hard MOC courses

BMQ is what you make of it. There will always be weak losers in any unit. What usually happens is that they are "encouraged" by the team to ship up or ship out.

I‘m a bit confused. I‘m currently applying for Regular force infantry. On the recruiting website the courses are bmq, then I‘d do MOC, is MOC the same as SQ, or BIQ, or are all three different courses? Thanks.

Your MOC training is your SQ and BIQ combined. It works like this:

BMQ = Everyone in the CF has to do it.

SQ = Everyone in the Army has to do it. This is a change from the way it was not too long ago. I understand that it used to be only the Combat Arms were doing the SQ, but now RMS, Sigops, EMEs and other land trades must do it as well.

BIQ = All Infanteers have to do it.

When I say "Everyone" I mean all NCMs... I really don‘t know about the Officers. I hear they work a course on witchcraft and black magic in there somehow.

BMQ is assuming you have no mitiltary experience. dont expect it to be all gun hoe right off the bat. wait till at least half way through to get some cock then you get the great SQ and BIQ (if your infantry) were you‘ll be tested to your limits. and since your an officer you‘ll have even more fun

Originally posted by Fusaki:
[qb] When I say "Everyone" I mean all NCMs... I really don‘t know about the Officers. I hear they work a course on witchcraft and black magic in there somehow. [/qb]
For Officers, phase 1 is now IAP/ BOTP. Ph 2 is CAP (Common Army Phase, taught by Infantry School) for all Army Officers, Phases 3 and 4 are trade specific.

I just signed up as an infantry reserve and joined the "Westies" in Aldergrove BC.  I hear that even if you get through the initial training, they have a strict set of guidlines as far as PT and personal development are concerned.  Is that pretty normal of infantry units to do that, and what happens if I simply don't meet thier private standards?

Thanks

Jungle said:
For Officers, phase 1 is now IAP/ BOTP. Ph 2 is CAP (Common Army Phase, taught by Infantry School) for all Army Officers, Phases 3 and 4 are trade specific.

SLT comes for most as well before CAP :(

I'm starting my BMQ in January, I was just wonder what the training facilities are like?

Parade square, class rooms, 1 range exercise, and one field exercise. Dependong on where you are the range and field will vary in quality and confort :-). Classrooms and parade squares are what you imagine.

Back