• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Training Through School!!!??

DannyBoy

Inactive
Reaction score
I was on a DP2A course and a few of the course candidates who were female ( not that it makes a difference) we telling us about how they did their BMQ through a co-op program in their school, they went to school for the morning and after lunch reported to the armouries where they then proceeded with military training. They also got paid for doing it, a cooperative education program is not supposed to pay you (so they just got money from the army, that money could have been used somewhere else) and they also told us their course was just as hard as ours. I find that false considering they got to go home everynight, get a good sleep and get to eat a home cooked meal. Anyone else see a problem with this or is it just me?

Whether their training was "as hard" as yours is relative - it depends on staff etc.  Yes, they got to go home at night, but does that alone mean they weren't as hard?  That's a pretty normative question.

As for the co-op BMQ (reserve) program being paid, it's the only co-op you can get paid for.  It wasn't always that way, and that was a godsend for reserve units, getting privates through QL2/BMQ for free!  However, someone cottoned on to the fact that unlike any other co-op, we're making them join our organization and they are entitled to pay - so anyone who was in an unpaid co-op is entitled to pay retroactively back several years, whether they're still in the CF or not.

I don't see a problem with them having been paid, they did the job.

Back