• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"BMQ on such-and-such a date " threads.......

• Thread starter Thread starter aesop081
  • Start date Start date
A

aesop081

Ok folks, i have seen quite a few of these get started now......thats fine if all you internet savvy kids want to find out if your buddy Billy Bob from Hoedung , SK will be with you or whatever......

Please, have a look to see if a thread dedicated to BMQ on a specific month has already been started.  We dont need 10 of them.......ONE will do !!!  Takes space and takes time for us mods to keep merging threads because you couldnt take a second to look around.

Your freindly milnet.ca staff

Good Job CDN Aviator. It will clean up the boards a bit.

Regards,
TN2IC

Thanks CDN, the Recruiting forums were starting to get pretty difficult to search through.

Would it help (or hurt) to have a board dedicated to course discussion threads? That would clean up the clutter from the main recruiting boards but still allow individual, focused discussions about a specific course serial.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Would it help (or hurt) to have a board dedicated to course discussion threads? That would clean up the clutter from the main recruiting boards but still allow individual, focused discussions about a specific course serial.

Was going to PM with that exact idea Mike.......

Board should be specificaly for BMQ/ BOTP and should be kept to specific months ( i.e. BMQ September 07) rather than course serial, IMHO

Mike how about you make a sub-board in the 'Basic Training' board of The Recruiting Process part? That should work good enough.

I'm bumping this because people still arent listening

milnet.ca staff

i started an october one and did search before and found nothing. So far i am all by my lonesome anyways :(

formerarmybrat23 said:
i started an october one and did search before and found nothing. So far i am all by my lonesome anyways :(

Listen......i just merged yet another september 07 one.....i wasnt posting just because i felt like it

just saying that some of us are listening and performing a search before.  Though i see how you would get flustered over lockign and merging or even deleting things all the time.

formerarmybrat23 said:
just saying that some of us are listening and performing a search before.  Though i see how you would get flustered over lockign and merging or even deleting things all the time.

I don't think he's "flustered" - perhaps "frustrated".

On searching - it took me a LOOOONG time to learn that when you search, ONLY the board (and it's sub-boards) that you are CURRENTLY viewing will be searched.  For instance, I am currently on the Milnet.ca Admin board - if I initiate a search here, ONLY the Milnet.ca Admin will be searched.

To do a thorough search, of the ENTIRE board, you need to be at the "root" board - Milnet.ca Forums (Or use the "Advanced Search" options).

This fact has tripped up more than one user (including me) - I'm not sure how it can be fixed.  A search of the ENTIRE board can take significant time - on the other hand, when I know that what I'm searching for is located on a specific board - I don't WANT to search the entire board.

The search function here at Milnet.ca is really quite good - but it does take a few minutes of "playing" with it before you get the results you should.  I've been looking at the search interface for quite some time - and I haven't come up with anything better.  Perhaps others could?

Roy, coming in Sept/Oct the search bar will show you the scope of your search. (E.G. This board, the entire site, this thread, etc.) That should clear up much of the confusion.

Back