• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best And Worst Tour oversees

• Thread starter Thread starter E31
  • Start date Start date
E

E31

OK its soon time to get back to the fight (OK maybe not in the SQMS) here in Kabul so I got make quick; we were talking in the mess last night about our best and worst tours ever.  For me Kuwait 92, because we were gone all week long doing what Engineers love to the most BLOW @**% UP!!!! Highest rank you had to worry about was your Sgt section comd (mine was Ken Hodge, excellent Sapper taught us all allot). Lead on Troops......
:gunner:

I have to agree, Kuwait in 91 was the best for me, work hard, play hard blow'n shit up all over the DMZ. My worst, hands down was Op Cavalier with the RCD BG in 94/95, you definitely had to watch your back on that one, and I am not talking about when you were in the AOR?? more so in the Junior Ranks!!! I can't remember how many people ended up getting charged during the tour, lets just say lots of people ended their careers on that one. :cdn: >:D

I'm not sure if this is Engineer specific.  Do you want me to move this to the "Army" forum where it can get more attention?

I think you can leave it here!!!

Kuwait and Somalia were pretty good! Roto 0, Op Athena was superior as well!!!!!!!!!!!  CANCHARGEBAT in 94 (Op Cavalier, RCD BG) was the worst by far and it will never be matched!!!!!!!!

LtCol Brough and Pendergrass! Brutal to say the least!!!!!!!!!!

OK!!!!!  (I have the feeling you're yelling at me?)  :)

Watch the names though; we don't need specific individuals getting tarred here, these are open forums and anyone can read them.

Wasn't yelling at you, just saying that it is okay here.

As for the names, I am in the opinion that if they don't like it, they can contact me if they wish and we can discuss it.

On an aside, have you ever noticed how if people have problems with people they talk about it someone else instead of confronting the person they have the issue with? Why do you think that is?

OK CHIMO!!! let the poor infanteer go ! release Boy...

Oh yes almost forgot to post my worst tour. That would have to be last year SFOR Oct 03- Mar 04. It was a little bit of both worlds as it was my first deployment as a WO ( Fd Tp WO) but I had the worst Tp Comd known to man. Don't worry infanteer I won't waste ink writting his name down ( little bastard isn't worth it) those in the know, know who I am talking about. Good poker nights though , hey LAZY E > :gunner:

But weren't you 60 seconds from a gunfight over there????

What time is it there?

CHIMO!!!!! said:
Wasn't yelling at you, just saying that it is okay here.

Ok, all the exclamation points seem to indicate that you're either angry or excited!!!!   ;)

As for the names, I am in the opinion that if they don't like it, they can contact me if they wish and we can discuss it.

On an aside, have you ever noticed how if people have problems with people they talk about it someone else instead of confronting the person they have the issue with? Why do you think that is?

23 IN KABUL said:
Don't worry infanteer I won't waste ink writting his name down ( little bastard isn't worth it) those in the know, know who I am talking about.

I'm not trying to clamp down on fun or anything, but its for the good of this site.

We've had threads where a name gets mentioned and it degenerates into a rumor fest or a tarring session.   This can:
A) Violate PERSEC in some instances
B) Looks unprofessional on a public board.

Just don't want to see threads turn into a girls high-school locker room (He sucks, guess who's she's screwing, etc, etc) because this is a public forum and this is a small Army.

Anyways, I've interfered in your thread enough.   Have at 'er.

Okay, point noted.

What's your answer to the question posed in the thread?

You mean this question?

CHIMO!!!!! said:

Gee, that one's pretty deep and philisophical.  Human nature I guess...they either fear someone, are kissing their butt while stabbing them in the back, or they usually have problems for their own reasons and are trying to draw some sort of concensus that the person in question is wrong.

A good response but in my own to the point answer, I would have to say lack of backbone.

Now the real question in the thread.....best and worst tour?

23 IN KABUL, i'm with you on Kuwait 92 being the best, and Lazy E you got it right with Cavalier 94 being the worst, although the poker nights (every night) on Cavalier were a morale boost. Any poker going on in Kabul yet?

Steve

No Poker yet . we are waiting on LAZY E so we can take all his money...

Nick

When did they take it down?  Looked like a pretty permanet structure to me.  Or did they just remove the handholds and use the building for something else?

Don't know if its up or down. Its was just my way of answering a silly question with a silly answer. If you asked any members of 23 Fd Sqn / RECCE / or Force Protection ( DUKES from 1 RCR) where this wall was they wouldn't be able to tell where it was as they are too busy with handovers and such from roto 2.

Now back to the original question Best and worst tour???

I have changed my mind, my worst tour was from July 1997 - Aug 1998..............did a tour at CFSME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many criteria to rate best/worst tours.  Hardship? Number of mine strikes? Idiots in Charge? Availability of booze?

Best - UNPROFOR 92 with 4 CER.

Worst - a toss up between UNPROFO 94-95 listening to nick snore for 6 months or APOLLO 02 listening to Chris snore for 6 months.

Doug

Back