• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

beeen out of reserves for 7 years, R031. Want to get back in.

hayterowensound

Inactive
Reaction score
I use to be a Lorne scot, C coy Georgetown.Been out 7 years, and I miss the military. So I am looking to get back in the army reserves with the Grey and Simcoe forresters in Owensound. I bought a there so the commute will not be an issue.

I did my inf course at Petawawa summer 1994, 8 weeks. Passed. also participated on exercises southern strike 1995, and also 6 weeks at CFS Alert with 1CEU. So is the Army looking for people like me to get back in and is it a long process. I have contacted the unit and they are trying to get my file, so hopefully it is not to long because I cant wait to get back in.

If you have heard of anybody else trying to get back in or is back in, how long, did you start as a recruit, or did they skip some courses. thx

I'm an ex reservist going regs now, I've been in the process for about 6 months or so, two things holding me up, verification of former service and med clearance. I almost have both now and should be on a merit list in September or October. I am not getting a recruit school bypass, I've been out 7 years or so as well. It may be different going reserves, I don't know. Good luck.

If its been more the 5 years, your probably going to have to redo your basic courses.

It is all up to the reserve HQ as to what qualifications you will get and they are much more lenient as to length of time since release/training than CFRG HQ

Back