• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Automatic Notices

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
I am finding that I am now getting automatic notices to any Topic I look at, and has someone post to it afterwards.  I am not hitting any 'notify' button.  Anyone having the same problem?

Yes just happened to me.

Try looking at your profile then go to notifications and change the setting For some reason notify got turned on on mine

Notices? Do you mean e-mail notification or something else?

Nfld_Sapper said:
Yes just happened to me.

Try looking at your profile then go to notifications and change the setting For some reason notify got turned on on mine

Interesting.  That seems to have been the problem here too.

Every topic you visit, even those you haven't posted in?

Every Topic I visited, even if I didn't post.  I followed the advice above and checked my profile and the boxes for:

Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply.
  Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.

had somehow become checked.  I unchecked them and don't seem to have that problem anymore......crosses fingers. 

Very odd, please let me know if you see anything else unusual...

I too received a "Topic Reply" notification to a thread I had posted in - but never subscribed to...

Me three, twice now.

Bet we're all getting topic replies to this now, too.

Go to "Modify Profile" "Notifications and Email" settings, unclick the boxes. Something has caused them all to default to clicked and we are now getting notified.

Same as George Wallace (above ) I had gotten two of those messages and than my last had a spot where I could just check yes or no to stop getting them I checked yes I didnt want them hope that was the right thing to do

When I went to the E-mail and notifications part of the profile options.  The second block had a list of topics on it.  I checked off all the boxes and clicked unsubscribe.  I haven't had anything since.

Well, I went into my Profile yesterday and unchecked the boxes in the 'Notifications and Email' portion.  All seemed to be fine, but now I am getting the 'Reply Notices' in:

Topic reply:      Liberals Want Injured to Keep Getting Danger Pay Back in Canada

Back