• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Australian Christmas Day Shocker - Granfather Murdered Over 'Beer' On The Beach

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Imagine how the family feels.

Truly a tragedy
--------------------

Grandfather killed 'for defending esky'
Thursday Dec 27 11:00 AEDT
By ninemsn staff

A grandfather was beaten to death with his own cricket bat after challenging a gang of men who were allegedly stealing drinks from his cooler on Christmas Day.

The incident, at a beach in Geraldton in WA, threatens to ignite racial tensions in the coastal town.

Yalgoo farmer William John Rowe had been playing beach cricket with his family when a verbal dispute developed between the Rowes and a local Aboriginal group.

It is believed the dispute was triggered when the 49-year-old Mr Rowe objected to drinks being taken from a cooler.

The Aboriginal group left, returning shortly in greater numbers.

According to police a fight began in which punches were thrown, and when the Rowes attempted to leave they were pelted with bottles and stones.

Mr Rowe was knocked unconscious by a blow to the head from his own cricket bat.

He was taken to Geraldton Regional Hospital, along with his 29-year-old future son-in-law Luke Neil who had been slashed in the face with a broken bottle and had his jaw and collarbone broken.

Mr Rowe died in hospital at 2.30am on Boxing Day, while Mr Neil required 35 stitches to the face.

A family member told website Perth Now that Mr Neil had only just revealed his intention to marry Mr Rowe's daughter.

"They had only been engaged for a few hours before they were viciously attacked by a group of people,'' the man said.

"These people need to be caught and dealt with."

No-one has been arrested over the attack but inquiries are continuing. Police are calling for any witnesses to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

They ought to hunt these animals down and punish them. At every stage, in every article i've read about this, the gang appears to be in the wrong. They stole drinks from the blokes esky. He challenged them but rather then standing down and admitting they were wrong, they went and gathered more people thus escalating the problem. They came back with their even bigger gang, the family tried to leave and as they did the father and son-in-law were beaten unrelentingly. Its shocking and disgusting.

Such a terrible waste of a human life.

Haleyest of Hales! said:
They ought to hunt these animals down and punish them. At every stage, in every article i've read about this, the gang appears to be in the wrong. They stole drinks from the blokes esky. He challenged them but rather then standing down and admitting they were wrong, they went and gathered more people thus escalating the problem. They came back with their even bigger gang, the family tried to leave and as they did the father and son-in-law were beaten unrelentingly. Its shocking and disgusting.

Such a terrible waste of a human life.

I would hope they find justice, but look what happened recently in Arakun, and that was black on black!

Hey Hales I am stuck on 'desk duty' 29 Dec to 01 Jan, so you know where my NYE will be, ha!

Cheers,

Wes

Wesley  Down Under said:
I would hope they find justice, but look what happened recently in Arakun, and that was black on black!

Hey Hales I am stuck on 'desk duty' 29 Dec to 01 Jan, so you know where my NYE will be, ha!

The phrase "Suffer in your jocks" springs to mind! Bad luck with that. You've probably already done the drunk and debauched New Years thing to death though. You must be tired of it by now... Haha, alright, maybe not.
Remind me of what happened in Arakun, i cant think of that right now but i'll google it in a sec. These dogs should get punished, perhaps not a punishment moving at 900metres per second but definately something close. Its disgusting what they did to this poor bloke and his family.

Actually Hales I have had the quietest Christmas and NYE period in 30 years, however I am having company from 04-11 Jan, so I'll make up for it. Just leaving the house now to get to the Unit by 0730.

Sucks to work til Tuesday morning.

Cheers,

Wes

Back