• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

At which point would I become officially a member?

cpl-cam

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok, my plan next year is to go for ROTP, now if I did that I also want to continue with cadets until the last day possile then start volunteering with the CIC the day after. So my question is, when would I officially become an officer cadets, when I'm sworn in or after BMQ?

Thanks dan, also do you know if I could participate as a volunteer CIC officer before BOQ or would I have to wait until afterwards?
Thanks alot.

I looked into becoming a CIC Officer while I was waiting for my CF application. But I was told that it was unwise to do that as applying as a CIC would interfere with my Regular force application.

Talk to a recruiter about it. If they give the same advice, then try to apply for a CIC position after your admission to the ROTP is all settled.

If I understand the question(s) correctly: You graduate cadets and apply to the CIC to fill the time between grad and going to ROTP?

Once you're sworn in you can still help out at your squadron. Time between swearing in and getting sent away is generally not more than a week or two though.

You should probably talk to a recruiter. I've read the question a few times and its not making any sense to me anymore, I think I've had enough coffee for one day. Sorry!

Cameron Kessler said:
Thanks dan, also do you know if I could participate as a volunteer CIC officer before BOQ or would I have to wait until afterwards?
Thanks alot.

You can volunteer at your local cadet corps after you are enrolled in the CF but it can not interfere with your duties and responsibilities in the Reg F.

Back