• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

Come on, gang. This is sooo obvious. Mike rigged the outage when he just happened to be out of town to make all us losers like him when he "fixed" the outage.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Thanks Todd (Harris) and Gray (grayrc here) for sorting that out. Todd was "remote help" and Gray actually drove onsite to my house to troubleshoot. (Didn't even set off the alarm like last year!) Kudos to both of you for fixing that, I was blissfully out of cell coverage the whole time. :)

The issue seems to be that a power bump from the storms caused the DSL modems and/or router to hang up and not reconnect. I'm going to check to see if there's an auto-reconnect feature that is not currently enabled on our router (a Linksys RV-042 in case anyone's familiar...) For now we're back alive thanks to Gray and Todd.
Cheers
Mike
Mike,

Possibly ensure that your router & modem are both powered via your Uninterrupted power supply (UPS)  that should protect you from those nasty spikes & whatever

Just a thought

I was thinking more like, something awarded by the GG, and Lord Emperor Hillier himself.

Or beer.  Beer would work too.

geo said:
Mike,

Possibly ensure that your router & modem are both powered via your Uninterrupted power supply (UPS)  that should protect you from those nasty spikes & whatever

Just a thought

When I get back home I'll move the one currently on the server over to the networking gear since it doesn't have the power to protect the new hardware anyway. Might as well put it to good use!

Was it just the flaky wireless conncetion I'm stealing using, or did we go off the air for a bit there?

Good news, I have reconfigured the router so that I believe it will now auto-reconnect if there is an outage. That should greatly reduce any "networking gear" related problems.

Mike,

When you get back ...

The glitch we discussed yesterday is back again in the Photo Gallery. I'm trying to get in to review a certain pic and am getting this green screen below again ...

SELECT `Milnet`.`termsandconditions`.`version` FROM `Milnet`.`termsandconditions` WHERE `Milnet`.`termsandconditions`.`ID_MEMBER` = 12088 failed: SELECT command denied to user 'gallery2'@'localhost' for table 'termsandconditions'

ArmyVern said:
Mike,

When you get back ...

The glitch we discussed yesterday is back again in the Photo Gallery. I'm trying to get in to review a certain pic and am getting this green screen below again ...

Way to go Vern you broke the picture gallery  ;D

BUMP!!!

A little bump so that Mr. B sees that I have, once again, managed to break the Photo gallery when he comes online. That way he can fix it!!  >:D

Ugh... I hate posting here now. Had another power bump and it caused a database corruption. I rebuilt the table and we're back.

Anyone know of a good, cheap UPS for server grade sysytems?

Mike Bobbitt said:
Ugh... I hate posting here now. Had another power bump and it caused a database corruption. I rebuilt the table and we're back.

Anyone know of a good, cheap UPS for server grade sysytems?

Mike, I can ask the Sys Admin tomorrow at work, if you can wait that long... I know they've bought quite a few server items recently, including UPS...  they seem to be moving everything to VMware and loving it.

Back