• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca member Recieves Award: Australian Defence Medal

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Well, this am on the weekly Regimental parade here at Gallipoli Barracks, Hales AKA the Haliest of Hales (army.ca name), was awarded his Australian Defence Medal today.

The CO presented this to him.

So, 'good on ya'  Hales, welcome to the ADM Club.

Your service to the nation is appreciated.

Cheers,

Wes

Oh ya, I'll post the pic I took today of Hales with his gong once I am home.

Here is an image of the medal

Not yet, as many are opposed to such a medal in Canada. However I am sure something will come in time.

Cheers,

OWDU

Congrats Hales,

I'm sure this medal is well earned. Keep up the hard work.

Chapeski

ToRN said:
Just a question, but we already have the CD. Is that not enough for us?

There is another thread on that topic. Don't want to stray out of my lane or anything, but this one is about Hales and his ADM, not the CD or any other possible medal here in Canada.

ToRN said:

The Australian Defence Medal (ADM) has been established to recognise Australian Defence Force Regular and Reserve personnel who have demonstrated their commitment and contribution to the nation by serving for an initial enlistment period or four years service whichever is the lesser.

The Canadian Forces Decoration is awarded to officers and men of the Canadian Forces who have completed twelve years of service. The medal is awarded to all ranks, who must have a good record of conduct during the final eight years of claimed service.

Above quote re: the CD is from here.

ToRN,

As you can see...one is given much earlier in a service persons' career than the other. 

I think this debate/issue of 'gongs' has been covered before here, and this thread is not geared to that discussion/debate, rather it is for Hale who did receive a medal on a Reg't Parade, from his CO. 

Chapeski said:
There is another thread on that topic. Don't want to stray out of my lane or anything, but this one is about Hales and his ADM, not the CD or any other possible medal here in Canada.

And I agree with your post.

ToRN said:

Just to sum up, so we can keep this topic for whats its for - congratulations to the Defence Force Member in question...

Here is the poo on the Aussie Long Service medal ,  ( http://www.defence.gov.au/MEDALS/Content/+045%20Long%20Service%20Awards/+010%20DLSM ) they are awarded for two different reasons, and this should not be confused.

Now back on topic please.

Regards from a nice cool spring day here in the tropics of Australia,

OWDU

Congrats Hales. :salute:
Our Good Conduct Medal would be similar.Its awarded for three year periods of good conduct. :)

gcmmedal.jpg

My apologies, I forgot to include my congratulations for Hales in my original message.

My post was not intended to make light of Hales' achievement, but in response to the comment made about a Canadian equivalent.

Congrats Hales, and I wish you the best.

I've just logged on for the first time in a while and found this. I'm stoked to read all your messages. Thanks heaps to all of you, i really dead-set appreciate it.
Thats what makes army.ca so good, the military network is a vast family and to have you good folks in Canada saying such nice things makes me miss you all.
Thanks again,
Hale

Back