• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Armoured theme song?

Shockwave

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know the name of the theme song that is used by the armoured corps?

isn‘t the one from the sound of music? So long farewell auf wiedersien goodnight......

"My boy Willy" is a common one but I don‘t recall an actual RCAC song.

The official March Past of the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps is "My Boy Willie". :cool:

Theme songs like "In the Navy" and "YMCA" by the "Village People" are the exclusive pervue, and only for the use, of the Canadian Navy :p :D

Edited in deference to Ex-Dragoon ;)

shockwave, you beat to it! now its a matter of who gets it to the 2Lt. first. :evil:

Shortbus,
You just let the cat outta the bag and I finally figured this out. :eek:
You QY Rang guys are all on BMQ. The questions you‘ve been asking have been posed to you by the course staff, for one reason or another. Instead of getting into the Regimental and Corps history‘s, like your supposed to, to learn first hand, your taking the easy way, taking advantage of us, and asking here. Not very fair to your team mates that don‘t know about the site or have access. Crewmen don‘t take short cuts. Well, you just screwed yourselves with any more answers from me. :mad:

:D :D dont get too upset, its not as serious as you think. They‘re all more or less fun questions that are thrown out at us. My course just takes them as a big compitition amoungst ourselves as to who can be the first to know. We havent been awarded for knowing anything yet, but its pretty fun to test each other in the mess.

Most of the course is aware of this site, and Im sure their reading this right now...so its all in good fun.

Our section staff hasnt exactly told us to read something and find the answer, as much as "lets see who can find out first". i say use what resources are available to me. If you feel that Im cheating in one way or another, then thats fine. We can agree to disagree

;)

So, you guys are saying its not the theme song from the old Batman?? Guess I should stop singing that when whippin‘ around in the Iltis.

Well....no more answers from this old tanker anymore....

Try opening a book troops, or go into your unit‘s archives and do some real work.

You‘re taking the easy way out...not a good way to start off in the corps :rolleyes:

Regards

Shockwave said:
Does anyone know the name of the theme song that is used by the armoured corps?

Just a note from an old Armd soldier, WE DON'T HAVE THEME SONGS, "WE HAVE MARCH PAST'S", My Boy Willie is the Armoured Corps March Past.

My Boy Willie is also the March past of my Father's recuitment and my first Regt. The Windsor Regt (Essex Tank), the only true Armour Regt that was. Recce Guy/ NRG you both should have known that. Dave hows the old west?

copy of the march here:
http://www.salh.net/04_marches.php

Anyone have the words I would like to update the site:

The lyrics to My Boy Willie are very beautiful too.

The Armoured Corps' a bunch of whores
My boy Willieeeeeeeee.....

The ex-Strathcona who was singing it to me, unfortunately, was too drunk to make the rest of the song legible.

The Armoured Corps has a lot of nice ones though.  At Mewata Armoury, you hear the following sung to the tune of 'My Darling Clementine'

I'm a Weiner, I'm a Weiner
I'm a Weiner, yes I are
But I'd rather be a weiner
Than some f***ed up K-O-C-R....

Brings a tear to the eye **sniff** :D

Ex-Dragoon said:
"My boy Willy" is a common one but I don't recall an actual RCAC song.
Accordfing to my brother ex Muscle Head Ex 8Th C.H.,R.C.D. "My Boy Willy" is the Officail Armoured March Past.
For all CF Armoured Units.

Spr.Earl said:
Ex-Dragoon said:
"My boy Willy" is a common one but I don't recall an actual RCAC song.
Accordfing to my brother ex Muscle Head Ex 8Th C.H.,R.C.D. "My Boy Willy" is the Officail Armoured March Past.
For all CF Armoured Units.

No.

It is the march past of the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps.

Each unit in the corps also has its own.  For the KOCR, for example, it is "Colonel Bogey."

Back