• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

APS Nightmare... what should I do?

As someone that has been through a marriage, I will give you my advice in steps.
A)File paperwork to get divorced NOW, not tomorrow, next week, when you get aroundtoit NOW.  That takes time and is not guaranteed(as some think it is, lol)

Sorry if this sounds "tough love" it's not really meant to be, in this day and age one has the option of not getting pregnant, so I assume it was a mutual decision?

As was stated in a previous post, it is decision time for the OP and her other half. The honest thing is, there will be no easy route, unless her or his CM are willing to amend the posting plot. The last resort may be to request either a transfer to the Reserves, or an outright release, for one or the other of them, if you really want to stay together in one location. Its a huge sacrifice to make, but one that people should aske themselves, especially in a MSC where there is limited flexibility.

I can assure you that I am not expecting the military to fix this for me, in fact I expect to spend some time here by myself. I realize what being in a service couple situation means. I am just trying to gather as much information as possible to see what can be done.

My fiancé and sole (which is more than full) custody of his son. We are now filling out the application for me to adopt him. Should we fail to be reunited after APS 2014 considering two children and our marriage, he will be going reserve, since I make more. Thank you everyone for your help and your honesty.

Back