• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Applying as direct entry for Res F after release

Wannabe1994

Inactive
Reaction score
I recently released from reg force BMQ made to week 5, and thought that reg force just wasn't for me. so I could go to school for a job more for me, which is Aviation Maintenance Engineer, and I am re applying as res f Avionics structure tech, I know I have about a 6-12 month waiting period before I can get in but I was told by the reserves recruiter to apply now. So my question is can I apply for direct entry because I'll be taking the course or would it be considered semi skilled?

Good day Wannabe1994,

Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Armed Forces Primary Reserve.

Avionics structure tech is not an occupation in the RCAF. If you meant one of the following Avionic Systems Technician, Aviation Systems Technician or Aircraft Structures Technician then the minimum required education to apply for these occupations under the unskilled entry plan would be having high school grade 10 completed. Avionic Systems Technician requires a grade 10 math course.

You are correct that because of your release that you will have a wait time before you are able to reapply to join the CAF. As you did not meet the Operational Functionality Point (OFP) of your occupation prior to your release you will be required to wait a minimum of 1 full year from the date of your release before reapplying to the CAF.

Available occupations in the Primary Reserve Force vary depending on the primary reserve unit in your area and the occupations employed within that unit. This link will take you to the section of our recruiting website which will allow you to locate the Primary Reserve Units in your area.

http://www.forces.ca/en/centres/findarecruiter-110

Back