• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone from edmonton joining Reserves-Combat Engineer

Robbie4296

Inactive
Reaction score
Other than readtogo is there anyone else from Edmonton waiting to get into the Reserves Combat Engineer?

I was just in today talking about joining.

My first choice was going to be Infantry, but it is full, he suggested Combat Engineer, but I am not sure if I want to fulfill that role...

im from Red Deer. thats close enough i think. i will be applying when the combat arms trades open again in April.

FAT GORD said:
im from Red Deer. thats close enough i think. i will be applying when the combat arms trades open again in April.

If they open in April....

I just got off the blower with the MCpl at 41 CBG Recruiting...he indicated that indeed for Combat Arms, Armoured Recce and Infantry are closed (my choices, wouldn't ya know it :P), but things may change in October.

Apparently Artillery is open, as are the Service Battalion (MSE Operator, Supply Tech, Mechanic, Cook etc.), he didn't know abut 745 Comm Sqn.

He mentioned there is a Co-op (weekday afternoons) BMQ slated to begin in February 2011; geared for high school student but hopefuly enlightened employers may be persuaded to provide flexibility in work hours.

desert_rat said:
he didn't know abut 745 Comm Sqn.

He mentioned there is a Co-op (weekday afternoons) BMQ slated to begin in February 2011; geared for high school student but hopefuly enlightened employers may be persuaded to provide flexibility in work hours.

There were certainly several adults in the last co-op BMQ (I was expecting the students to be entirely high school age), but getting the entire afternoon off five days awake would take more than an "enlightened employer". In most cases, it'd be putting you on half time for months.

I hear you Brasidas;

If I do get my application processed and gain acceptance in time to possibly be considered for Feb. 2011, I'm going to see if my employer will put their money where their mouth is :nod:

We recently had our annual benefits overview session and military leave was specifically mentioned as an option that is available...another plus is that the type of work I do can be done anywhere/anytime as long as I've got a "secure" net connection, so, short of actual applying for/receiving a leave, in my perfect world I would work 8-noon, then BMQ afternoons, then the "day job" again in the evening.

note to mods: I realize the thread has evolved from the specific initial topic, so maybe thread should move to Recruiting?

Back