• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Another applicant at a crossroad.

Pegula37

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm at a crossroads on what to do and am looking for some advice. I'm currently at University and will be attending 3rd year next year and have applied for the ROTP twice and been rejected for civy uni. I talked to my local CFRC and they told me I can't apply in 3rd year since I need 18 more months of education and will have to do DEO program (Infantry Officer). My problem is how much marks of University are considered in this, my CFRC said they don't factor a lot but im worried about my GPA being to low, its around 2.4. I also don't even know if I want to go DEO or just join up and work my way up as I heard many Officer's can get stuck behind a desk and I want the full experience and opportunity to see everything the CF has to offer. My end goal is to be an officer but I also don't want to miss out on the experiences and opportunities NCM's can get. I know I should finish my degree and figure it out then but I really don't feel like I belong at University and sometimes think it may be a waste for me. Will a University degree really factor that much if I apply as a NCM? University is a fun experience but I feel I may be wasting my time.  I'm now more drifting towards going the NCM route, but I can't figure out if I wanna stay at University to finish it off and get my degree or just apply now and hopefully be selected.  Any advice helps me greatly, i've been struggling with this for almost a year, It's always been my dream to join the CF I just don't know how I should go about it now. Thank You.

Bit of advice for life in general; if you're already over halfway done your degree and you're not failing it or about to do so, finish your degree then look at options. 

Have you talked to a local Reserve unit to see what Inf Officers and NCMs do? 

Back