• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ankle Boots

• Thread starter Thread starter cameron_highlander
  • Start date Start date
C

cameron_highlander

Is it just me or can we not order ankle boots online anymore? I'm looking but can only order overboots and oxfords?

I need to get a pair and I don't feel like dragging myself all the way down to London to do it.

https://www.logistikunicorp.com/

Boots, CSA, grade 1, safety, ankle black

Guess it must be you ;)

Only available on replacement order for 90 points, not available for sale order.

And for those that haven't seen the new ankle boots, I've attached a pic.  They are very comfortable, but the leather seems to be softer and is therefore harder to get the shine up to start with.

If the boot is a safety boot then the toe cap is quite hard and should shine quite easily...
then again, I still have a pair of 30+ year old fully shod ankle boots

I just logged into clothing online and the ankle boots don't show up for me.

might you not try their handy dandy 1-800 number and try to get it straightened out?

Looks like you guys who CAN order the boots are NCMs. Officers (and officer cadidiots) aren't supposed to wear boots. Or something. Nobody I know (at least at RMC) is able to get boots through Logistik Unicorp.

...How about going to your neighbourhood QM and exchanging them?

You need to cohere some soles to your feet.

Fred, it's university.  Spit shine some Birkenstocks.

About the new boots.  They shine up good and purdylike with a little effort... kinda like the old ones.  Actually, with enough effort they shine up better (in my opinion).  Too bad it takes effort, distracts from video gamin.

Frederik G said:
Looks like you guys who CAN order the boots are NCMs. Officers (and officer cadidiots) aren't supposed to wear boots. Or something. Nobody I know (at least at RMC) is able to get boots through Logistik Unicorp.

...How about going to your neighbourhood QM and exchanging them?
Let me throw a curve ball.  I can also order them and I assure you that I'm an officer.

Crap guys, how many times do I got to say it? It's all based on TI and whether or not you are still within the training system...

If in the training system or less than one year of service...you get to exchange them at Clothing Stores. They are your suppliers. Clothing (if they have no stock) will order on your behalf from Logistik so that it doesn't cost you points....and the reason why clothing is your supplier in these cases is already detailed in other threads.

And no...you don't buy them off the site because...ankle boots are EXCHANGEABLE.

So Fred, I'm assuming that you paid a visit to clothing and got your boots exchanged without any problems? Told you they'd do it!

Eowyn said:
Let me throw a curve ball.  I can also order them and I assure you that I'm an officer.

Damn you for ruining my perfect theory! DAMN YOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!

Armyvern said:
Fred, I'm assuming that you paid a visit to clothing and got your boots exchanged without any problems? Told you they'd do it!

Actually, not yet. We had cohesion parades over the weekend (needed shiny boots), monday I was too busy and today I was on duty and couldn't leave the peninsula under penalty of death. Gonna go in on Thursday. And they better exchange them, dammit! :p

Frederik G said:
Damn you for ruining my perfect theory! DAMN YOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!

Actually he's not...check his profile. Time In....not a student in the training system....Hmmmm  ;)

Armyvern said:
Actually he's not...check his profile. Time In....not a student in the training system....Hmmmm  ;)

Captains are no longer officers? Wow, they totally forgot to forward that e-mail that to the Wing!

And I'm no mere student, my dear, I'm a Naval Cadidiot, a Quarter-Inch Admiral! And make no mistake: it's not just the training system, it's the RMC training system... which makes MUCH less sense, thank-you-very-much!

Frederik G said:
Captains are no longer officers? Wow, they totally forgot to forward that e-mail that to the Wing!

And I'm no mere student, my dear, I'm a Naval Cadidiot, a Quarter-Inch Admiral! And make no mistake: it's not just the training system, it's the RMC training system... which makes MUCH less sense, thank-you-very-much!

Fred...  ;D. She is an officer all right, just happens that she is one with some Time in, and is not currently being kept under wraps at a trg facility as a 'candidate.'

So your theory is not blown...as we wouldn't yet expect yourself,
a Naval Cadidiot, a Quarter-Inch Admiral
to know what those Officers of more 'experience/time-in/knowledge' ( >:D) get from Logistik. You are special.  ;D

Milhouser911 said:
Am I correct in assuming that the new boots are now available on Logistik?

Did you read the whole thread before you posted your question?  If not, go back and read and you can answer yourself.  Or, you can log onto Logistik and see.

They were the last time I ordered.

My only complaint?

The sizing for them.  I don't know how many yankin-spankin mm's my foot is!  Wtf is that?

9 1/2 E please!

;)

navymich said:
Did you read the whole thread before you posted your question?  If not, go back and read and you can answer yourself.  Or, you can log onto Logistik and see.

NM, you ever feel like...

:brickwall:

;)

MRM, I had the same complaint when I ordered mine.  I went into base clothing and they did all of my measurements so it could be entered into the system.  They have one of those foot sizers that give it to you in the mm's.  I also emailed the suggestion to clothing online that they have an equivalency chart.

Oh, and to your question?  YES!!  LOL

Back