• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

And the Lights went out all over the World....................

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
So with "Earth Day" upon us.....................Who has turned off their lights already.........I'm looking at you guys on the Rock.

Watched the news and was surprised to see some major cities around the West Pacific turning off block after block of lighting.

George Wallace said:
So with "Earth Day" upon us.....................Who has turned off their lights already.........I'm looking at you guys on the Rock.

Watched the news and was surprised to see some major cities around the West Pacific turning off block after block of lighting.
Yep, some are off here.

George Wallace said:
turning off block after block of lighting.

I'll do my part to pick up the Slack. I will have every single electrical item i have running at max output all night.

Yeah I went through some yard sales and picked up some space heaters. Got about 30 plugged in all over the house with the windows open.

CDN Aviator said:
I'll do my part to pick up the Slack. I will have every single electrical item i have running at max output all night.

I'm curious. Why ?

I don't go for this feel-good symbolic green-eyed love-fest kind of stunt, and I can tell you that despite the media reporting it a "success", most of Sydney didnt go for it either. The skyline of the city was still pretty darn lit up.

I even did this last night. Lights out, everything off except my TV. Mind you every night is dark in here, shy of the room I am in if so required. I am single, huge mortgage, and always trying to cut costs where I can. Its dark in here most of the time, ha!

Australia was a willing participant, and even Brisbane turned out its lights. Not much of a skyline in town.

Cheers,

Wes

Nope. Turned on the washer/ dryer and all the lights in the house.

Hell, even going to plug in the car...and it's only 0 C out right now.

Do they sell coal anymore....that would really throw out the heat, much better than natural gas.

Jeebus, forgot to start the lawn mower....      ;D

Regards

Yes, just turned everything back on. It was a nice break, candles, quiet.

My neighbourhood in Guelph was dark too.

Not sure how much it will help though. :-\

George Wallace said:

Well I'm doing my part:

lights are all on, computer is running, TV is on, cell phone is charging, tuns of batteries are charging, and the snow blower is plugged in  ;D

I just had a armoured vehicle fired up rumbling around base from 07h30-08h00.....carbon foot print that.

Heh... totally missed it.  Was watching a few episodes of 'Allo 'Allo on DVD with the missus and the canines, like we do most Saturday nights.  Illumination in the old homestead was as per SOP - lights out where there are no humanoids, plenty of lighting where there are, something I picked up in Germany where there are doors between every conceivable space and both heating and electricity were a tad expensive even way back then.

We did it!

All lights were out, candles stoked, kiddies set up with paints and paper, mama baked a plate of cookies and I had my pint at the ready!

All we needed was the theme to little house on the prairie!

dileas

tess

No wonder the earth's climate is changing, its people like you guys that are the problem.  This is the real deal folks, we have to learn how to curb our emissions or else we will pay the price!  >:D

Sarcasm all the way.....    What a total waste of time, if anything it will make for a cheaper power bill, nothing more.

the 48th regulator said:
We did it!

All lights were out, candles stoked, kiddies set up with paints and paper, mama baked a plate of cookies and I had my pint at the ready!

All we needed was the theme to little house on the prairie!

dileas

tess

She turned the oven on!!??!! Thank you!!  >:D

weathermanf1.gif

the 48th regulator said:
Earth hour started at eight, and we knew about it a wee bit before hand......

crazy.gif

buttkick.gif

dileas

tess

Damn, thought I'd be convinced to take off my burqha ---  ;D

2.gif

Dolphin_Hunter said:
Sarcasm all the way.....    What a total waste of time, if anything it will make for a cheaper power bill, nothing more.

::)

It was an act of global solidarity; a token gesture to show that we all 'get it', that we know we need to do more to help our planet before we become extinct. Too bad you did not feel it was worth your effort to join in.

We turned out our lights for Earth hour. Yeah, that was the reason.  ;)

All the kids in my neighbourhood had a little party on the street.  It was fun to see all the 9 -12 yr olds talking about energy consumption.

I did an half assed job.  I killed all the lights, lit a fire and watched the hockey game in the dark.  I also let my computer go to sleep.

Well if nothing else, my hydro bill sill be cheaper for tonight.

Back