• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

American, SAfrican dog handlers build rock mural to honour Canadian troops

Wow, it's almost like we're clawing our way back onto the world stage as a serious military player.....

Congrats brothers and sisters for the recognition.

HH

Not sure what you mean HH.  They aren't CF members but contracted out to us.  Or are you referring to the fact we are using them at all?

Just the simple fact that we're at the point where we're employing the necessary resources, and that those resources are doing credible and valuable work. A testament to the seemingly 'new' way we're doing things abroad.  The fact that Canadians are being honoured makes me smile.

All in all, I guess I just think this is cool. I'm proud of our soldiers who serve abroad, to include those we employ from the private sector.

Belive me, nothing malicious. Kudos....Only Kudos. This is as warm and fuzzy as I get.

HH

hoist-monkey said:
Amazing tribute to our brothers & sisters serving in Afghanistan.

I have a question are the South African & American dog handlers military or civilian?

I have a friend who is a dog handler for the Regina city police, that trains them for drug/bomb sniffing and defense work
and I know he would be interested in this story.

There are a couple of posts/ threads which some of us have contributed to the efforts, capabilities, training, costs and success rate of these dogs. Do a little searching here on the site and your friend will look at you with new respect.

3rd Herd said:
That is one smart dog who came up with the idea. I wonder how he convinced his handler to do the work. Humor aside, echoing others "Fantastic"

I wonder what a South African dog sounds like with that thick and heavy SA accent: "Voofersz"  :)

Back