• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Almost done BMQ... it's been a long ride to get here

NJL

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone who reads my previous post will have an idea of how long this ride has been...

Monday I start week 12 in farham (normany exercise), then it's grad week, the big day is jan31 (can't wait)... after being/surviving in farham this past week (11) I'm not too worried about this next week... mod tents are alot better than 10 man tents, sure I'll tired but at least I'll be dryer/warmer... I've heard that week 12 is pretty fun and it sounds like good times to do some "real life" scenarios.

Feb 1 I head to Borden (where my supply tech QL3's are) not sure what will happen when I get there... lots of different possibilities (sailor training/OJT/PAT/QL3 or some leave).... time will tell... hoping to get back home (NS) for a lil' bit either for training/ojt or leave.

this site has been/is great way to get questions answered.

NJL said:
mod tents are alot better than 10 man tents, sure I'll tired but at least I'll be dryer/warmer

In winter I would rather have an Arctic tent than a Mod tent. Smaller and easier to keep warm.

NJL said:
lots of different possibilities (sailor training/OJT/PAT/QL3 or some leave)....

If i were you i would warm up to the idea of being sent on an SQ course

CDN Aviator said:
If i were you i would warm up to the idea of being sent on an SQ course

From the sound of it, isn't he a sailor?

NCdt Lumber said:
From the sound of it, isn't he a sailor?

he/she is a supply tech.

A navy uniform a sailor does not make. Supply tech is a "purple" trade and thus the colour of the uniform has NO bearing on the place of employement. Most, if not all, purple trades have to attend the SQ course.

I'm a 27 yr old male... doing SQ right now wouldn't be my first choice (not that i have much of a say)... I'm from NS so I'm hopeful to stick w/ the navy element (in Halifax) for the first part of my career... I know purple means I can posted w/ all 3 elements.. just my preference right now would be to stick w/ navy/air elements... but I'll go where I'm told... time will tell what the CF has instore for me.

Back