• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Alberta troops can't vote in civic election

Capt. Happy said:
I'm curious as to how exactly FedEx will get this to him? It's not like FedEx will be allowed into whatever FOB he is in, or even into KAF. If Strat Air can be scheduled to get VIPs and famous people into theatre, why can't the transport of ballots be scheduled to conicide with a sustainment flight in either direction?

I seem to recall DHL offered courier services in KAF.

Blackadder1916 said:
The link you provided does not reference nor discuss any changes to voting in municipal elections.

Really..."Mr. Brazeau has also volunteered to be the city's elections auditor, and will be helping to test the electronic voting system -online and by telephone -that the municipality will be using this election.

ModlrMike said:

DHL uses the Kandahar International Airport side of KAF yes, which is wholly different than "KAF".

I'm curious to see if the package the ballots come in actually make it intact to the member. I recall the last time someone had something couriered to them in theatre, it ended up being hauled apart by an IEDD team. I'm not saying this will happen this time, but I can say I'm curious to hear how this turns out  :D

ModlrMike said:

Offtopic: DHL can go to hell.

Ontopic: It's interesting all right but I can't help but think how voting by phone could work?

The article said it was going by FedEx. FedEx has an office in Kandahar. I'm sure it sees regular traffic. At least as much as the one in Kabul.

Kandahar
Address: Noor Jahan Hotel, 1st floor
Shaheedan Square
Shahr-e-Naw Street
Kandahar
Afghanistan
Hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Mobile: +93 (0)70 303257
Fax: +93 (0)20 2500524
Service Available: Export/Import

recceguy said:
The article said it was going by FedEx. FedEx has an office in Kandahar. I'm sure it sees regular traffic. At least as much as the one in Kabul.

So, it would be safe to assume they employ Afghanis? Then, by my best guess and understanding of "Afghan Time", it should make it to him sometime next year  :D

Capt. Happy said:
So, it would be safe to assume they employ Afghanis?
I would assume they employ "afghanis" and "US dollars" in their financial transactions.

They likely have Afghans working there as well  ;)

Journeyman said:
I would assume they employ "afghanis" and "US dollars" in their financial transactions.

They likely have Afghans working there as well  ;)

Ahhhh - touché  ;D

I forgot all about the "Afghani". Which reminds me, on one Op we found about 75,000 Afghanis stashed in a cache, which I think worked out to about 12 bucks :pop:

Well, it was more like $1700USD-ish, but it still kind of made us laugh....

Back