• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Airbourne soldiers in Cyprus 73-76

siege

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi I was just hoping to find some fellow airbourne paratroopers that served in Cyprus with my uncle, I really wish I could post his name but unfortunitly he is Greek and has a Greek name, therefore he was forced to change it while he was in Cyprus due to the conflict.  His name may have been Chris Smith but I'm not totally sure.  But if you happened to be there in that time leave your name and if you knew him by the little amount of information I left you guys with (sorry).  And hopefully I could show him these names and see If he recognizes anyone.  Thanks alot

siege said:
I really wish I could post his name but unfortunitly he is Greek and has a Greek name, therefore he was forced to change it while he was in Cyprus due to the conflict.  His name may have been Chris Smith but I'm

Something doesn't seem right here. During 89-90 we had Canadian soldiers serving in Cyprus with Greek names. Could have been different years earlier. But even if he wore a different name tag for the tour his fellow soldiers would know him by his real name. Why the fear of posting his real name now?

Rick

O sorry for the confusion, His name is Christopher Tchachakis

Back