• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

After signing a 3 year contract with Reg Force.... can you leave the army?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMC

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I'm wondering if one joins up, signs a 3/5 year contract, does his basic, and goes to his/her unit. But then half way down the road he/she decides the army is not really what he/she wants to do. Meanwhile hes/shes only 1 year into the contract. Can one just leave. What can be done about this matter?

I believe that if you search you will find the answer(s) you seek.

Also was a poll really necessary?

Yes, because if i knew i wouldn't have asked on here friend...... I have done research and have asked this question many times before and not even recruiters are able to fully answer my question.....I'm just curious to know. I want to be well informed about the military and its contracts and how they are processed. Thanks

Any one who knows about this topic please drop a comment......appreciated....thanx again.. :threat:

Well, like any other contract, if you breach the terms then you can be punished severely; especially in the Military.

I'm not too entirely sure but I would treat a Military Service contract a little bit more serious than a Civvy-world contract and not defy it's terms.

You can ask to be released any time.  If the reasons are valid, they MAY let you out of your contract.  They also MAY tell you to STFU and do the time you signed on the line to do.

NMC said:
Yes, because if i knew i wouldn't have asked on here friend...... I have done research and have asked this question many times before and not even recruiters are able to fully answer my question.....I'm just curious to know. I want to be well informed about the military and its contracts and how they are processed. Thanks

What IS it with people crapping on Recruiters today??

Recruiters can't answer the question because it's situationally dependant ... every person's case is dealt with on an individual basis.

CAN you quit within your three year VIE? Yes.
WILL the Chain of Command let you? Maybe, maybe not ... depends on WHY you want to quit. I knew a girl in the Navy that hated it, wanted to quit, they said no, she went on her first long deployment and LOVED it and then re-upped for the long haul. I spoke to another guy TODAY that was applying to get back in because he quit during DP1 ... he wanted a re-muster and they said he'd have to release and wait six months to reapply if he wanted to change trades, so he did (he was in less than a year)
HOW long could it take? Even if they DO let you release during your initial VIE, it could take six months to a year for the process to run its course and for you to actually get out.

Hope this helps ... and yes, I AM a Recruiter (for now) and yes, I DID just fully answer the question as much as anyone could ... :)

Otis

Otis said:
What IS it with people crapping on Recruiters today??

Otis, you must be one of the good ones - I've been calling my file manager for 2 weeks trying to get an answer to a very simple question (left messages as well) to no avail.  Finally broke down yesterday and spoke to a recruiter online who was ALSO very helpful by the way.  Should have done that after the first time I left a message with no response.

AND once again the question has been asked and answered.

Topic LOCKED!

Please read before you post.  You are not that unique bent fork in the drawer (we hope).

You have been warned before.  This is your last time.

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
Mod note - Cease starting the same topic thread in another forum. Polls are not required either.

The Army.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back