• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advice for someone leaving soon

Sinah

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I recently recieved my call to head out to St-Jean for the 18th of February. I'll be flying out on the 16th, so my question is this over the last 2 months I have been sick on and off with a mini flu and haven't had the chance to work out or go for my usual runs. I'm really out of shape now so I just wanted to ask should i just jump right into running long and hard now since I don't have a long time to build a base to work with or should I just get a solid base and have that to work with at basic. Any advice you guys can give me would be very helpful thanks for taking the time to read this guys

Well I personally would say your best bed is to just start running, not hard and long because that will hurt your body. Do as much as you can do and pace your self. Starting now is better than never starting. The only draw back is now when you go on course you may be behind on PT, but I"m sure you can catch up and eventually get back in shape.

Good Luck
slowmode  :cdn:

Well I have been running daily now at my own pace, I'm noticing a little improvement but not a significant but then again its only been a few days. I know I am going to have a really hard time at the start of basic but I definitely have the determination to get through it so I know I'll make it its what i want. Anyway thanks for the advice

Sinah said:
Well I have been running daily now at my own pace, I'm noticing a little improvement but not a significant but then again its only been a few days. I know I am going to have a really hard time at the start of basic but I definitely have the determination to get through it so I know I'll make it its what i want. Anyway thanks for the advice

Get some rest...dont hurt yourself.......make sure your head is screwed on straight until the day you get there.

hahah thanks for the advice, I've actually read alot of your other posts and found them to be very helpful. I'm not stressing out to much about basic just a little worried about inspections but I also realize that you learn it as you go make a mistake and don't make it again, as for the PT, I'm just doing two-a-day runs morning and night and for pushups everytime I enter my room or leave my room I do 20. So all in all im not to worried I know its going to be hard and I know I can do it just like thousands of people before me

I am also suppose to be going for my BMQ but most likely in July. I was wondering how does PT for women/men differ. I am in Police Foundations and we are tested generally the same. You have to get the same minimum on the beep test and the same standard on the PREP. Is it the same in the army or a different set of standards for females?

Thanks for the info 

And I believe that there is a stickied thread that I started with the MINIMUM STANDARDS to be achieved along with the Exempt Status too.

EDITED TO ADD

Oh look found it here.

Like PMM said use the search function as most if not all of these questions have asked and answered again and again and again

If you guys want you can close this thread seeing as I got the info that I needed and there really isn't that much more that could be said about this topic, it's all up to you guys

Back