• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Administrative Difficulties while deployed as a Reservist

Rifleman62 said:
Had a Face time with Grandson. The CO, XO and Coxn got involved with his pay and was corrected on 18 Feb. The only other outstanding matter is the start date of his Cl C contract which should have been Sep not Oct. Took almost 6 months including two months with zero regular pay, then some advances. A big rigmarole of incompetence at the home unit according to him, but he has kept emails to prove his case.

Then there was his Passport issue.

Thanks very much for all the support from members here.

Glad this got sorted out. A young member on their first deployment (especially out of element, as a PRes augmentee) has enough to worry about without pay issues. I thought I was "something" until I had a few days on ops...suddenly I wasn't sure I could even handle the job. Like I said, enough stress without dealing with some azz backwards CAF admin.

Finally, R62 - it's awesome you got to see your grandson deploy. :salute:

Fishbone Jones said:
What I've seen over a few deployments, in both systems, is the constant Roto Zero stuff.
Every deployment they try starting from scratch with all the same mistakes for Reservists.

I remember landing in Trenton, expecting to go to Pet for our two day(3?) decompression. Which is what we were told when we boarded. Before us Reservists could get on the bus, we were told nope, you're not going. Asked what we were to do, we were told to find our way home and decompress there. Good start to that, right there. When they got to Pet they would notify the units we were back. That never happened either. I got hold of base and found accommodation at the Yukon Lodge. My friends drove all night to pick me up. Never even got, "It's been a slice." as the bus lights disappeared into the distance. It took almost a year and a half to get my barracks boxes. I was at Div HQ and wandering around I walked down a hall to the stores area. And I could see my boxes, through the cage, covered with dust, all info showing 15 feet from the desk where the guy worked. Same one that kept insisting it wasn't there.

Helping my guys on return, years later, I found little had changed.

AAR's sent by units don't get answered or, "Sorry, we'll try better next time."

That's just my experience though.

And I have seen that experience repeated for reservists who deploy (on Ops or courses). Reg F people too, just in case we're thinking it's only reservists who get the shaft :)

Back