• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Recruiting Campaign for Today's Audience

RHC_2_MP

Inactive
Reaction score
The British Army has produced and put out an extremely impressive recruiting campaign, obviously targeting the gaming generation.  They have designed a series of live-action games, set in the middle east in an insurgency/aid environment; like Afghanistan.  But the content of the games isn't only for the potential recruits.  You can to lead a raid on a IED making facility; plot strategic locations for 60mm and 80mm mortar teams then walk them onto a target, direct relief teams in a natural disaster scenario, and a lot more.  I am hugely impressed with the content and can definitely see that it looks like they're pushing for more officers.  If only our big green machine could take a page out of their book!

Have a look for yourselves.

[https://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/startthinkingsoldier/Pages/Default.aspx]

RHC_2_MP said:
The British Army has produced and put out an extremely impressive recruiting campaign, obviously targeting the gaming generation.  They have designed a series of live-action games, set in the middle east in an insurgency/aid environment; like Afghanistan.  But the content of the games isn't only for the potential recruits.  You can to lead a raid on a IED making facility; plot strategic locations for 60mm and 80mm mortar teams then walk them onto a target, direct relief teams in a natural disaster scenario, and a lot more.  I am hugely impressed with the content and can definitely see that it looks like they're pushing for more officers.  If only our big green machine could take a page out of their book!

Have a look for yourselves.

[https://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/startthinkingsoldier/Pages/Default.aspx]

This reminds me both of "America's Army" (3D tactical shooting game very similar to what you're stating here, though not as complex mission wise), and this quote from The Simpsons:

Recruiter: How many of you like video games?
*many hands go up*
Recruiter: Well, what if there was a violent video game that you could play for free, plus it's real lifeand not a game at all?
Recruiter 2: Wouldn't that be slammin'?

Great little game. Good way to kill time on a lazy morning over coffee.

I can see how this would be an effective tool in driving young prospects into recruiting offices.

Back