• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A minor curiousity

Duke Lantoran

Inactive
Reaction score
I am unaware if this particular question has been asked, and the search function is currently not appearing to work, so please don't bite my head off if it has been asked.

The question is regarding the End of Course Ceremony for BMQ. My father is a somewhat recently retired air force officer, when he attends the end of course ceremony, will he be authorised to wear his 1A with medals or no?

Thanks in advance for any answer,

Duke :salute:

Duke

Not to be ignorant or anything, but your father should know the answer to that, and dress accordingly.

From the CFSU(O) website:

As a former member of the CF (officer or NCM) you may continue to use the rank title you held at the time of release, provided you were honourably released and had served in the CF for at least 10 yrs. In general, you may wear your uniform after release only when authorized by the CDS. You must obtain permission before each occasion. Military appearance must be maintained whenever uniform is worn. In addition, Commanders of Commands may grant limited, revocable authority for former members and civilians to wear CF uniforms and clothing items in public displays and performances and special events, if they are satisfied that no harm to the CF reputation will result.

So I would say, no.

thanks for the quick response, both of you, i'll do my best not to ask too many questions that seem to crop up all the time

Back