• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

5d release re-enrolment

Seanp075

Inactive
Reaction score
Here is my story.

I joined the Regular Force in April '11 and I left late June 11'. The reason was weakness and lack of maturity. I also got pushed into it by my father which I shouldn't have, but I was jobless for 5 months approximately so it was either join the army or sit at home and look at the walls. I got released on a 5d medical.

Anyways, I submitted my online application (to join the Reserves this time) early February and realized yesterday that the application was disabled. My best guess as to why it's disabled is because of the 5d release.

Now, would I have to go in to a recruiting center and show them I can do it and get the 5d lifted so that I could be employed? How would it work? What steps do I need to take to get into the Reserves after I was released on a 5d medical?

Not attempting to pick flyshit from pepper, but an article 5 release is not a medical.

Did you voluntarily release or were you a training failure?

I voluntary released.  I passed all my tests. I was doing fine, to be honest. Until one day, I just cracked. I could have done it, I'm not dumb. I regret doing it, but I'm not going to live in the past...I need to know what to do.

I believe it's been stated before, but Article 5 releases go to the CDS for approval to get re-enrolled, which the recruiting center would do. I would be prepared for a long (if not forever) wait....

5D does not sound like an easy release item to argue against:

(d) Not Advantageously Employable. Applies to the release of an officer or non-commissioned member:

because of an inherent lack of ability or aptitude to meet military classification or trade standards; or
        who is unable to adapt to military life; or
        who, either wholly or chiefly because of the conditions of military life or other factors beyond his control, develops personal weaknesses or has domestic or other personal problems that seriously impair his usefulness to or impose an excessive administrative burden on the Canadian Forces.

Seanp075 said:
Therefore, I would go to the recruiting center in person and ask about it?

If you've already done an online application I would call about it, otherwise yes, you should go into the recruiting center as your process is very complex compared to a typical prior service enrollment.

PuckChaser said:
If you've already done an online application I would call about it, otherwise yes, you should go into the recruiting center as your process is very complex compared to a typical prior service enrollment.

Thank you.

All I can do is try, right? I realized after I left that, although it was extremely difficult, it could be done and I loved it so much. I have a job in the civilian world and I had up to 3 Civ jobs at one point...it's just the same stuff over and over and the connection between people isn't there like it was. I can pay my bills, but something about the army....

Shamrock said:
Not attempting to pick flyshit from pepper, but an article 5 release is not a medical.

Did you voluntarily release or were you a training failure?

You are correct 5(d) is not a medical release.
In the late 2000s, releasing a member who might fit into 5(d) or 3(b),
an order came out suspending 5(d) as an option for medical releases.

It was not until 2011 the issue(s) that caused the need to suspend this option
for medical releases was reviewed and the correct measures put in place.

I do not have the message here with me, but now a member can be released as defined under item 5(d) 'with medical benefits'.

5.d. Release item prior to completion of BMQ or BMOQ.

1.  must wait a minimum of 1 year from release date to reapply (any component of the CF)
2.  must provide verifiable evidence of experience and skills related to the target MOSID and must display maturity and motivation (exp and skills verified from academic transcripts, certificates, licences, etc;  Maturity and motivation verified from personal and work references)

and the KILLER is........

3.  CDS approval for re-enrolment in the CF

Also you don't have to call a RC and ask about the steps, when they verify your former service it will be noted you were 5d.  Someone will contact you at some point and break the bad news, and explain anything you may be required to do (like providing proof of experience, and upgrading etc. that DAA mentioned). 

Back