• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

37 CBG COC Parade

Nfld Sapper

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place so MODS move in needed.

37 CBG Change of Command Parade

On 10 June 2006 at 1100hrs , Colonel JBD Logan will relinquish command and Colonel AT Stack will assume command of 37 Canadian Brigade Group. This occasion will be recognized by a ceremonial parade at CFS St. John's, St, John's, NL. The Reviewing Officer will be Brigadier-General RG Parsons, Commander Land Force Atlantic Area.

Guard will be composed of 3 Fd Regt, 1 and 2 RNBR, 31 Svc Bn, 8 CH, 1 and 2 R NFLD R, 56 FES and 36 Svc Bn. A reception will follow the parade. Dress is DEU 1A
==============================================================================================================

On a side note to this I served under then Major Stack when he was CO of 56 FES and he was a great man to work for. I wish him well in his appointment as 37 CBG Commander and CHIMO!

Yes they are but the pers coming from NB are being keeped to a min by the looks of it.

<ADDED>
Looking at my orders, all NB units and CBG HQ are providing one Cpl/Pte for the parade and the bulk of the guard will be from the St. John's based units with at least 6 trops from 2 R NFLD R.

I could never understand why 37 is Newfoundland and New Brunswick.... meh.. whatever works I guess. Like if you wanted a full 37 CBG Ex... where would it be held at?

37 CBG is just like 36 CBG...only...not as good   >:D

Col Stack is to take the Bde...is the Bde CWO changing hands soon as well?  It was CWO Durelle.  Good man.

I have never met Col Stack...however...I did meet then-Capt Stack in 2002, she was the Crse O for my SLC. 

And thats all I can say about THAT on here.

Question...being that 37 is HQ'd in Moncton...I wonder how often the Comdr will make it to the HQ???????????

TN2IC said:
I could never understand why 37 is Newfoundland and New Brunswick.... meh.. whatever works I guess. Like if you wanted a full 37 CBG Ex... where would it be held at?

IIRC, originally when they stood down the old "District HQs" (97 timeframe??) the intent at that time was to have two CBGs...and then...to disolve one of the HQs and all PRes units in LFAA would be under 1 CBG.  Why did that not happen?  "Army Politics" of some sort.  Not sure, but I know the intent was to have 1 CBG in LFAA.  On the bus, off the bus, go figure.

Mud

Mud Recce Man said:
37 CBG is just like 36 CBG...only...not as good   >:D

Col Stack is to take the Bde...is the Bde CWO changing hands soon as well?  It was CWO Durelle.  Good man.

I have never met Col Stack...however...I did meet then-Capt Stack in 2002, she was the Crse O for my SLC. 

No word on the Bde CWO. Col Stack and Capt Stack (female) are 2 different people.

Colonel A.T. Stack as Co of 56 FES, I believe Capt. Stack is/was member of 36 (Nfld) Svc Bn.

Question...being that 37 is HQ'd in Moncton...I wonder how often the Comdr will make it to the HQ??
Probably not much as he has an office on the top floor of our building.

It's Maj Stack now IIRC.

Modified.  Mud recce man - check out the conduct guidelines and leave the personal slags off the forums. 

MRM read my post I believe there are 2 Stacks, one is my old CO and is male. The other is female.

Back