• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So I really cant do anything if I need an Epipen?

Here’s a thought that just occurred to me… Combat gauze is made with shellfish is it not? Like the protein and combat gauze and quick clot that makes the blood clot some kind of shellfish protein? Maybe that’s why a shellfish allergy is such a big red flag for the RMO.

Here’s a thought that just occurred to me… Combat gauze is made with shellfish is it not? Like the protein and combat gauze and quick clot that makes the blood clot some kind of shellfish protein? Maybe that’s why a shellfish allergy is such a big red flag for the RMO.
I teach these dressings for my organization (non-CAF), so I can offer a bit on this. The chitosan used in hemostatic dressings, while derived from shellfish, has not itself been found to be allergenic to those with shellfish or shrimp allergies. There’s been some proper published research on this, though not a ton.

Combat Gauze uses kaolin, which is found in clay (can be used to treat diarrhea - KAOpectate) and is not a shellfish protein. I stopped carrying the chitosan powder at work and only carry Combat Gauze.

Combat Gauze uses kaolin, which is found in clay (can be used to treat diarrhea - KAOpectate) and is not a shellfish protein. I stopped carrying the chitosan powder at work and only carry Combat Gauze.
Perfect. It was a thought that drifted through my head in the treadmill and just made me wonder. Thanks for clarifying!

We had a nurse in the jail who jabbed himself with an Epi Pen - not once...but twice.
Don't ask me how he got to be a nurse but I am sure with my limited medical knowledge I could have done a better job.
Thats sounds like the place I work at

Back